Emma & Roe Style Session and $200 gift card terms & conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions or Emma & Roe’s Privacy Collection Statement, please notify the Promoter so that your entry can be withdrawn.
2. The Promoter is Emma & Roe NZ Limited (4883419) 7 Smallwood Place, Murarrie Q 4172, www.michaelhill.co.nz, Ph 1800 443 662 or C/- Kensington Swan, 18 Viaduct Harbour Avenue, Auckland Central, Auckland, 1010.
3. Entry is open to residents of New Zealand who have reached the age of majority. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter or of any of the Emma & Roe New Zealand Pty Ltd group of companies, and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
4. The promotion commences on Friday 23rd September 2016 at 09:00 (NZST) and concludes on Friday 23rd September 2016 at 21:00 (NZST) (Promotion Period). Late entries will not be accepted.
5. The promotion will be advertised in store and through social media platforms.
6. Only one entry per person.
7. This Promotion is a game of chance based on the participants making a purchase in store at Emma & Roe and subscribing to the Emma & Roe mailing list during the Promotional Period.
8. For an entry to be valid, the entrant must provide the Promoter with the following details, your name, valid email address, postcode, daytime telephone number and/or mobile number (Mandatory Information). If you do not supply all of the Mandatory Information, your entry will be deemed invalid.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim the Prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
11. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. Entries must be received prior to the end of the Promotion Period by Friday 23rd September 2016 at 21:00 (NZST). The time of entry will in each case be the time the sale is registered by the Promoters database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
13. The Prize is: There are a total of one (1) prizes for the entire Promotional Period. One (1) winner will receive one (1) Emma & Roe gift voucher to the value of NZD$200. Total prize value over the Promotional Period is $200 (NZD).
14. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or be redeemed for cash.
15. Cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize or element thereof.
16. If the Prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any applicable Law or Regulation.
17. Once the Prize has left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for Prize being damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
18. By accepting the Prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the Prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed, photographed and filmed.
19. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the Prize to the winner, the winner hereby assigns to the Promoter all right, title and interest in and to all copyright in any material created pursuant to the winner’s participation in any aspect of the Prize (Works). The winner acknowledges that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
20. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the Prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with Michael Hill, or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
21. If applicable, in the event that, for any reason whatsoever, a winner does not take an element of the Prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the Prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the Prize.
22. Each valid entrant who has entered the Promotion over the duration of the Promotion Period will be entered into the draw. One (1x) valid entrant will be drawn at random to become the winner by Emma & Roe. The draw will take place at Emma & Roe NZ Limited at 7 Smallwood Place, Murarrie Queensland 4172, on Monday 26th September 2016 at 12:00 (AEDT).
23. The winner will be notified by phone and in writing within 2 days of the draw. The winner will have their details published online at www.michaelhill.co.nz/erwinners
on Wednesday 31st August 2016.
24. The Prize will be organized by an Emma & Roe representative and the winner may be required to participate in Promotion publicity activities.
25. Prize will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, the Prize will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. email address account holder).
26. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
27. Subject to any direction given under relevant legislation, any unclaimed Prize will be redrawn at Emma & Roe NZ Limited at 7 Smallwood Place, Murarrie Queensland 4172 on Wednesday 28th September 2016 at 13:00 (AEDT). The winner(s) will be notified by phone and in writing within 2 days of the draw. The winner will have their details published online at www.michaelhill.co.nz/erwinners
on Thursday 29th September 2016.
28. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Promotion result.
29. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner must comply with all the prize supplier’s requirements.
30. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under Law or Regulation.
29. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Promotion, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this Promotion including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
31. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions (including without limitation not provided the Mandatory Information), has not met the Eligibility Criteria, or has engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
32. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
33. By entering this Promotion, the entrant warrants that:
- a) the details provided to the Promoter are true and correct; and
- b) he or she has all necessary rights to enable the entrant to accept these Promotion Terms and Conditions and grant the rights contained in these Promotion Terms and Conditions to the Promoter.
34. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against any loss, damage or claim for compensation resulting from the entrant’s breach of any of the warranties contained in clause 33.
35. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, subject to any direction given under Law or Regulation.
36. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this Promotion. In order to enter this Promotion, each entrant agrees to the terms of the Promoter’s Privacy Collection Statement www.emmaandroe.com.au/pcns/competitions_instore.html
which governs the collection of personal information for this Promotion.
37. By entering the promotion, unless otherwise advised, each entrant also agrees that the Promoter may use this information, in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant.
38. The organisation that requested your consent is Emma & Roe NZ Limited (4883419) 7 Smallwood Place, Murarrie Q 4172, www.michaelhill.co.nz, Ph 1800 443 662 or C/- Kensington Swan, 18 Viaduct Harbour Avenue, Auckland Central, Auckland, 1010.
39. Emma & Roe NZ Limited related companies may also send you direct marketing messages on behalf of Emma & Roe NZ limited.
PRIVACY COLLECTION STATEMENT UNDER THE PRIVACY ACT 1988
or on request from the Promoter) and the following Privacy Collection Statement:
- a. the Promoter is Emma & Roe NZ Limited (4883419). You can contact us at email@example.com or write to us at 7 Smallwood Place, Murarrie Q 4172;
- b. the Promoter may use the details it collects from you, including any email address you give to us, in relation to your participation in the Promotion, for your entry into the Promotion, any promotional and publicity purposes and to send you information and direct marketing communications about our products, services, events, offers or any other activities (including third party products, services, offers and events) which we consider may be of interest to you;
- c. some of the information we ask you to provide may be identified as mandatory or voluntary. If you do not provide the Mandatory Information (as outlined in paragraph 8 of the Terms and Conditions) you will not be able to enter the Promotion;
- d. we may disclose the information provided in accordance with your entry into this Promotion to third parties that are related to or affiliated with the Promotion